Join Abby, a licensed massage therapist, in learning the self- care practice of myofascial release. You will work out knots, release tension and help to relieve chronic pain.
In this workshop you will:
- Get into the connective tissue surrounding your muscles
- Learn a technique you can use to relieve muscle pain at home
- Increase range of motion and flexibility to enhance your
Benefits of myofascial release include:
- Relieve pain and injury prevention
- Increase range of motion and flexibility
- Improve strength and performance in your practice
Once you learn the tools of myofascial release you can use them anytime to relieve muscle pain and feel your best!
When: Wednesdays Jan 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 & Feb 7, 7:30 - 8:30pm
Fee: $75 for six weeks series, or $18 drop-in per session, members receive 10% off
Abby operates her own bodywork practice in Madison, CT. She looks at the body as a whole and works to help clients understand why they are experiencing pain, instead of treating the pain itself. She puts an emphasis on posture, correct movement patterns and breath work, using yoga principles whenever possible.